Definition of lawful ( Halal) and unlawful (Haram ) as Allah and Prophet Muhammad (saw) said in Holy Quran; Allows them as lawful what is good and prohibits them from what is bad. QS 7;157. ( It is very logical religion.)
Health Department has authority to declare, what food / drink is good, not harm people health, and what food, drink are bad for people health. In 21th Century Islamic clerics do not has authority to declare it, because Clerics lack of knowledge about foods and drinks. Except at time of prophet Muhammad pbuh 1450 years ago, Clerics had authority to declare "haram or halal" of foods and drinks.
Allah condemn and curse who discriminate against non Muslim in the name of religion.
I urge you to watch this video before you proceed it.
It is very interesting to investigate and learn it.
Christianity, Islam, and Pork: How Zakir Naik Destroyed Muhammad
Halal products are typically known as being pork free, alcohol free, and for the specific method of slaughter. The animal should not be stunned, but killed by a cut to its throat, and the procedure must be "performed by a Muslim."
At ancient times, often occurred religious conflicts, there were no laboratory, science and technology available to check on animal's health. Can you imagine that Allah’s words were written in animal skin and stone. Therefore, they assumed that the meat of Pig and Alcohol are poison and dangerous for human health.
( Liberal Muslim reject this act; This act is not Islamic, but it is the act of discrimination, ridiculous and outrage. Liberal Muslim should speak up to the world to reject this laws.)
According to health experts people allow to drink a bit of alcohol that good for human health as well as meat pork. Millions non Muslim eat meat pork wisely are fine.
Islam teaching is not dogma, but it is logical and scientific.
Their hate / harsh attitude toward Christian, Jews etc.
Forbid women to sit side by side and shake hand with a man, forbid women sing a song at TV, public place. Government or Clerics impose on women to cover their hair, hands and feet in public place. Impose on men to have a long beard, urge a male to do polygamy. Saudi and Iran impose non Muslim women to wear Hijab when she visit Saudi Arabia and Iran.
Whereas Allah has said in Al Quran that Islamic laws relate to the world matter like; the system of government, clothing, Bank system, foods, trading, punishment, slavery, etc can be reformed according to the progress and development of knowledge and culture. But the laws that relate to hablul minallah, spritual matter such as; prayer (shalat ), Fasting, Zakat and Hajji can not be reformed forever.
Now, we have saw some non Islamic communities in United States of America and in Europe have banned Burqa, Burkini, beard etc.It will big issue now as retaliation.
Whereas, as we know that Islam is religion of peace, mercy and tolerance, justice for all, equality, without discrimination against Christian,Jews, Hindu etc.
Quran. 42:15. And say ( Muhammad ), “I believe in whatever book Allah has sent down. And I have been ordered to do justice among you(Christian, Jews,Quraish, etc ). Allah is our Lord and your Lord. For us are our deeds, and for you, your deeds. There is no argumentation between us and you. Allah will bring us together, and to Him is the final return.”.
- This is Al Quran which We have revealed unto you in order that you might lead mankind out of darkness into light by their Lord’s Leave to the Path of the All Mighty, the Owner of all Praise Q.14:1. (From the era primitive life toward the prosperous or Modern life.).
- And He will put wrath on those who do not use their mind. QS 10; 100. ( Islam is logic, not Religion of “dogma” like primitive people who live in Jungle or people who lived at time of Prophet Muhammad (saw). They worship and kiss the stone, big tree or other things beside Allah. They thought that the stone can bring blessing to their life.
- And such are the Parables We set forth for mankind, but only those understand them who have Knowledge. Q. 29; 43. (Islam is religion of science, progress and Modern, not static religion. Primitive people had less knowledge and science)
- Allah has taught Science to Prophet Muhammad (saw).
- Glorifying Allah.He merges the night into the day, and He merges the day into the night; and He knows what the hearts contains.7. Believe in God and His Messenger, and spend from what He made you inherit. Those among you who believe and give will have a great reward.Q.57;6-7.
- Glory be to Him who created all the pairs; of what the earth produces, and of their own selves, and of what they do not know. Another sign for them is the night: We strip the day out of it-and they are in darkness. And the sun runs towards its destination. Such is the design of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. And the moon: We have disposed it in phases, until it returns like the old twig. The sun is not to overtake the moon, nor is the night to outpace the day. Each floats in an orbit.Q.37-40.
- Allah elevates those among you who believe, and those given knowledge, many steps. God is Aware of what you do. Q. 58:11( Allah urge Muslim to pursue knowledge in order he can lead people to Modern life.)
- Verily, Allah will not change the condition of People until they change by themselve Q. 13;11.( Muslim should update or reform Islamic laws according to the progress of Science and technology. From the Primitive way of life toward the Modern way of life.)
- Definition of lawful ( Halal) and unlawful (Haram ) as Allah and Prophet Muhammad (saw) said in Holy Quran; Allows them as lawful what is good and prohibits them from what is bad. QS 7;157. ( It is very logical religion.)
- He has chosen you and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion of Islam. Quran. 22;78. (Only your clerics impose difficulties on you in religion of Islam.)
- And such are the Parables We set forth for mankind, but only those understand them who have Knowledge. QS 29; (43). (Clerics lack of knowledge of about health and technology.)
- Therefore, we, Muslim really need to change the old interpretation to the Modern interpretation on 21 st. Century.
All those who read shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; O Allah, be my witness, that I have conveyed your message to your people.
Wassalamu'alikum--With all my love